- My sweet friend Vicky, who I've mentioned no less than 20 times, was a real trooper and came over to the house early last week to help me dust and clean the place before Momma arrived to paint. I don't know many people who would be willing to get down and dirty to clean baseboards, but she's a true friend!
- I figured the least I could do was buy her dinner from one of our favorite spots!
- It also needs to be said that there I was cleaning what seemed like never ending baseboards, I hear the vacuum cleaner, turn around and see Vicky taking care of the air vent. Can we say true friend?!
- As I mentioned, my Momma deserves an award for being "Mother of the Year!" She flew out to OKC - again! - to paint my house. Folks, I have to tell you, the woman is unstoppable. She transformed my kitchen and laundry room in just a of a couple days!
- The kitchen, before I got my hands (well, Momma's painting hands) on it, was an icky red color. After Momma totally kicked booty with TWO coats of primer and two coats of paint, I'm in love with my bright kitchen! (Sherwin Williams: Tantalizing Teal!)
- It's pretty difficult to tell in this picture, but my laundry room is a beautiful - and peaceful - shade of gray. I am totally in love and can't wait for the rest of the house to be painted as well!
- Speaking of the rest of the house... After spending a little time in the house, with no furniture or decor to distract, Momma decided to get a quote to get the remainder of the rooms painted - as well as the woodwork, closets and cabinets. I was completely shocked when she told me she hired the painter to repaint these surfaces in my house. Thrilled doesn't even begin to describe the way I feel! I am giddy to see the finished product!!
- One more picture... seriously, how cute is she?!